AHRQ MEDICAL OFFICE SURVEY ON PATIENT SAFETY™ (SOPS™)
The Center for Patient Safety (CPS) has developed a robust administration process that saves you hours of manual work and still provides plenty of opportunities for unique customizations all while adhering to AHRQ requirements for benchmark comparisons. CPS supports the use of all AHRQ patient safety culture surveys because of their global application, cross-survey relevance among different provider groups, and large compare databases.
AHRQ defines Medical Office's as:
- A medical office is an outpatient facility in a specific location.
- Each medical office located in a building containing multiple medical offices is considered a separate medical office.
- Providers in a single medical office should share administrative and clinical support staff.
The AHRQ medical office survey measures multiple dimensions of organizational culture.
- Communication About Error
- Communication Openness
- Office Processes and Standardization
- Organizational Learning
- Overall Perceptions of Patient Safety and Quality
- Owner/Managing Partner/Leadership Support for Patient Safety
- Patient Care Tracking/Followup
- Staff Training
- Work Pressure and Pace
In addition, the medical office survey includes:
- Nine items measure patient safety and quality issues.
- Five items are about information exchange with other settings.
- One screener question.
- Two overall rating questions.
- Three items about respondent background characteristics.
For more information about the AHRQ MOSOPS™, visit https://www.ahrq.gov/sops/surveys/medical-office/index.html.
When CPS administers the AHRQ Medical Office SOPS™ to your organization, patient safety experts from health systems and medical office settings will be assigned to you for post-survey data interpretation support. They are experienced at drawing out the factors that are impacting your culture scores and help you efficiently determine the most valuable next steps.
Learn how your organization can benefit from a culture evaluation process:
Georgia Hospital Association Members: please contact your association for special pricing.