COMMUNITY PHARMACY SURVEY ON PATIENT SAFETY™ (SOPS™)
The Center for Patient Safety (CPS) has developed a robust administration process that saves you hours of manual work and still provides plenty of opportunities for unique customizations all while adhering to AHRQ requirements for benchmark comparisons. CPS supports the use of all AHRQ patient safety culture surveys because of their global application, cross-survey relevance among different provider groups, and large compare databases.
Community pharmacies include:
- Independent pharmacies
- Supermarket pharmacies
- Mass merchants/discount retailer pharmacies
- Chain drugstores (local, regional, national)
- Integrated health system pharmacies (non-hospital unit-based)
The AHRQ community pharmacy survey measures multiple dimensions of organizational culture.
- Communication About Mistakes
- Communication About Prescriptions Across Shifts
- Communication Openness
- Organizational Learning—Continuous Improvement
- Overall Perceptions of Patient Safety
- Patient Counseling
- Physical Space and Environment
- Response to Mistakes
- Staff Training and Skills
- Staffing, Work Pressure, and Pace
In addition, the community pharmacy survey includes:
- Three items about documenting mistakes.
- One overall rating question.
- Three items about respondent background characteristics.
For more information about the AHRQ Community Pharmacy SOPS™, visit https://www.ahrq.gov/sops/databases/pharmacy/index.html.
When CPS administers the AHRQ Community Pharmacy SOPS™ to your organization, patient safety experts from health systems and pharmacy settings will be assigned to you for post-survey data interpretation support. They are experienced at drawing out the factors that are impacting your culture scores and help you efficiently determine the most valuable next steps.
Learn how your organization can benefit from a culture evaluation process:
Georgia Hospital Association Members: please contact your association for special pricing.